7/28/11

Zombies


And out comes the voice from beyond the grave.

I may have been gone, and all but left for dead, but I come back bearing gifts...

First on deck is the Nextmen. Regular readers of my former self will know that the dearly departed was a big fan of theirs. Well, when I was gone I learned that they have a podcast you can subscribe to on iTunes for free. Check it out. They also got some solid mixes that they recently put up on their Soundcloud. My pick of the litter is their Superman mix. Download, listen, love...

The Nextmen - Superman


Another one I found in the valley of the shadow of death was, surprisingly, motivated by sunshine, and a a sequel to a mix that has appeared on this blog in the past. DJ Jazzy Jeff and Mick Boogie made their absolutely classic Summertime mix last year. They have now released Summertime vol. 2. I don't dig it as much as the first installment, but that was a tough one to measure up to, and this is still damn high quality. Download, listen, love...

Jazzy Jeff and Mick Boogie - Summertime 2


Here's a dope little EP I came across and enjoyed bumping on the iPod for quite a few days. It was made by a dope MC I hadn't heard of before named Inverse, who's associated with the QN5 collective (probably best known for guys like Tonedeff and the Cunninlynguists). Dope beats, thoughtful lyrics, original style. The undead are talented selectors. Download, listen, love...

Inverse - So True EP


While I was in that outer realm, I did some creepy ass shit and checked in with friends who may or may not have been aware of my presence. I guess it depends on their clairvoyance or something. One of the unfortunate victims was my buddy Logo who seems to actually be fueled by music and inseparable from it at most times. Turns out one of these creepy ventures was actually fruitful though. He made a really dope DnB mix while I was there, and I made sure to take it with me in my return. Fucker doesn't believe in ghosts, who gets the last laugh? You guys. Download, listen, love...

DJ Logo - The Molar Enthalpy of Bassline Fusion


Ummm.... Logan wasn't actually the lone victim. I swear, it may seem creepy but I might have also gotten a visual recording of the other member of 4004. Kyle, if you're reading - dude, I'm sorry. I do have a video of you mixing, I apologize if that wierds you out. Everybody else, it's really dope. Let it play when your making your rounds on the internet. This is footage of MrDr killing Modern Math a couple months back, coming on after the one and only Dan Solo. Watch, listen, love...

MrDr - Live @ Modern Math
(props to Evangelos for being the one who actually recorded this)

And to finish things off, an absolutely amazing mix from Featurecast that is short but incredibly sweet. This one is exceptional. Brilliant blends, track selection and flow to the mix. Do not sleep. Download, listen, love... Seriously.

Featurecast - The Half a Mill, Chill Deal Mix


Special shout out to my brother Lawrence who showed me a couple of these mixes and kicked my ass in the right direction toward music diving again. If there's any of you out there still, hopefully you don't have to wait 5 months between my posts again. Sorry.

1 comment:

TDJ said...

Those nextmen podcasts are so good. June is my fav so far.

Post a Comment